Coach’s Code of Ethics
West Hill Minor Hockey Association
- I will place the
emotional and physical well-being of my players ahead of a
personal desire to win.
- I will treat each player as an individual, remembering
the large range of emotional and physical development for
the same age group.
- I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for
my players and forbid mal-equipped players on the ice.
- I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and
sportsmanship to all my players.
- I will provide a sports environment for my team that is
free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and I will refrain from
their use at all youth sports events.
- I will be knowledgeable in the rules of the sport and I
will teach these rules to my players.
- I will be prepared and organized for all practices and
- I will teach mutual respect between coaches and players.
- I will remember that I am a youth sports coach and that
the game is for children, not adults.